Guide to renting

Top Tips For Moving In

Entry Condition Report

  • Approach it systematically –  go from room to room and fill in each section of the report
  • Use extra pages if necessary
  • Mark everything you see, any marks, stains, chipped paint, damage
  • Check everything to make sure it works properly including
    • Windows, doors, gates and locks
    • Taps (including hot water)
    • Shower
    • Toilet
    • Bath
    • Sinks
    • Oven, cooktop, grill and rangehood
    • Air conditioning
    • Fans
    • Lights
    • Pool filter and heating
    • Water sprinkler systems
    • Powerpoints
    • TV points
    • Phone
    • Smoke alarms
    • Washing machine, dryer, dishwasher
    • Security system
    • Garage doors
  • Note the condition of any furniture and fittings including curtains or blinds
  • Carefully note the condition of any outdoor areas including gardens, flower beds and bins
  • Take photos of the property so you have a record of the condition of the property when you moved in
  • This will be important in getting your bond back at the end of the tenancy
  • Sign and return the completed report to your property manager within 3 days.

This form MUST be returned to our office within 3 days of you receiving it.

If you have any concerns regarding your Entry Condition Report or at any time during your tenancy you need to speak to your Property Manager, please Click Here to email us to make an appointment, as the nature of our work takes us out of the office frequently.

Get Connected

Connectnow can make your moving to your new property simple and carefree.  They can help you organise the electricity, telephone, internet or even a removal truck!  Let us know if you would like to use this service as it’s FREE!


We advise all tenants to insure their own contents as they are not covered under the Lessor’s policies.

Australia Post

For the redirection of mail to your new address click this link or call 13 13 18

Mareeba Shire Council

To register your pet click this link or call 1300 308 461

Queensland Transport

Advise Queensland Transport so that they can endorse your licence

Electoral Roll

You will need to register your new address on the State and Commonwealth Electoral Rolls.  These forms are available from the Post Office or by calling 3227 6444 for further information or click this link

Keys, Locked Out?

Office Hours – you can collect our Management set of keys and return them to our office within the hour. ID will be required along with a $50.00 deposit payable on picking the keys up.

After Hours – contact Atherton Locksmith on 0418 755 924 at your cost or Guardian Locksmith on 0419 028 681

Moving Out

Please refer to the Vacate Notice on this website

Parking Of Cars

All cars, motorbikes, trailers, campervans, caravans, boats or trucks are to be parked in the designated parking areas ONLY.  Do not park on the front lawns areas, or on Body Corporate designated common areas (where applicable).  It is the tenants responsibility to repair any damage done when parking cars etc in such areas.  Oil stains on driveways is the tenant’s responsibility to remove before vacating the property.  To avoid such damage we recommend the purchase of a drip tray.

Pot Plants

It is recommended that pot plants are raised off the carpet or outside areas to avoid water damage or staining.

Pools & Pool Fencing


If you wish to have a pool of any size, it may require fencing due to Legislation.  You must first seek permission from the Lessor in writing for the pool.  If permission is granted, it is then the responsibility of the tenant to ensure that ALL fencing requirements are met in accordance with the relevant Legislation.  We recommend you contact the Queensland Governement and your local Council for further information.

For more information or to help clarify any questions you may have, you can refer to the Form 17a Pocket Guide For Tenants.